My first week in Austin, TX
(Seventh Flag Coffee, Sunday, 8/6/17 1:24pm)
I want eavesdrop on every conversation. Be a fly on the lone star wall. Find solace while drinking a Topo Chico under the same Live Oak as everyone on the patio. Shed as many layers and perspire towards the Lady Bird basin. Leave my mark longer than water ring marks on a sunny afternoon.
- Austin is a terrarium filled with 5’ agave succulents and air plants blooming from live oak branches.
- A great outfit is an indication of a great conversation.
- Resumes define nothing other than our abilities to listen and follow direction.
- This heat is a constant reminder of my childhood days in the Philippines. One is chosen and the other was endowed.
- Human beings are particles colliding. When the factor of heat is added, the movement increase as particles become more energetic. When human beings interact in urban settings, ideas are generated. The states of the matter are always changing.
- I’ve been spending my days solving basic algorithm problems and am starting to see a pattern. To arrive to the solution, one must always break things down, perform necessary computational operations and put things back together. The same way with climbing: plan a route, practice necessary contortions and generate power and endurance, then, send it. With cooking: obtain ingredients, mix, add heat, then et voila! Especially with auditing: obtain data, establish controls, analyze, then visualize. Maybe that’s how life is, obtain experiences, meditate… then we die? Maybe we can break that down to defining goals and accomplishing them.
- Science helps me understand how the world works. But what else can?