Ideas & creativity
- Hopelessness → Revelation: The hardest work always comes after when you’re trying to make Idea to a Reality
- The right hemisphere of the brain is responsible for making sense of the whole (not just seeing the parts).
- The human imagination has no clear precursors. It’s out of no where.
- William James: “The [creative process] is like a seething cauldron of ideas, where everything is fizzling and bobbling about in a state of bewildering activity.
Persistence is necessary. Nothing good is every easy.
Creativity as an Act of Unconcealing.
- That’s because we see nothing at first glance. It’s only really thinking about something that we’re able to move ourselves into perceptions that we never knew we had the capacity for. We unconceal the reality of it from the clutter of the world, by all the ideas and sensation that DISTRACT THE MIND. it is the KNIFE OF CONSCIOUS ATTENTION to cut away the excess and reval the things themselves. → RAW ←
- Einstein: “creativity is the residue of time wasted.”
- Steve Martin: “Naivete is the quality that keeps you from knowing just how unsuited you are for what you are about to do.
- Cities are INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE OF IDEAS.
- With each addition, productivity and innovation increases.
- This is what makes it rare and different from corporations.
- Walking speed of people are directly correlated to creation of new ideas.
- MOST COLLISIONS!
- Ideas become more USEFUL when they become more POPULAR
- The unifier for all ideas and people. How every creative story is different but also the same. “Out of nothing, is something.”
- Used to be about establishing AUTHORITY and reliability. Now, it’s all about EMPATHY.
- Used to attract us through specs and capabilities, now, it has to ENABLE AN EXPERIENCE.
- Newness: the thrill of discovery but also the thrill of not having to decide.
- Using narrative is the delivery vehicle, a way to emphasize and empathize with human interaction.
- brands help us understand the world and make decisions.
- How we remember (chronology + nostalgia)
- [Arbitrary thing] + [Beginning, middle and End] = something we can own, embrace and share.
- We all tell our own stories, because we are all the leading character, and everyone has a supporting role.